By Jerry Del Colliano
I just had to give a shout out to a Brilliant Man and I relied heavily upon his information during my speech at the International Pawn Symposium as this was a meeting of some of the BEST MINDS in the business and whom spend a good deal of money on Radio and TV ADS – I think I may have persuaded a few to change the way they think about traditional media – so Jerry Del Colliano –
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Guess who is consolidating now?
And guess what those of us in the radio industry know that they don’t know.
• Google just bought a content company to give them access to the $140 billion small local business market. Hey, that’s radio’s business.
• The clear trend ahead as new age media companies start overspending for content companies. Content – the thing that we do.
• The 4 stages of new consolidation beyond radio.
• The chance of Google putting a hurt on local radio stations with its most recent acquisition.
• The law of unintended consequences is in effect with the Google purchase and also applies to any AOL takeover of, say, Yahoo.
• Where new innovation is going to come from – this is the best news I have had for you in years.
• Which new media companies are most likely to windup like Clear Channel – impaled by the sword of consolidation.
Reading these intelligence reports every day costs less than a Reese’s peanut butter cup – although admittedly not as tasty.
With a challenging year ahead – a year where radio may hit the wall and the music industry may crumble – if you’ve been thinking about subscribing, today has a big payoff.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,300 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
“Out of Bad Comes Good — The Advantages of Disadvantages”
Have you ever heard the phrase, “if I didn’t have bad luck, I wouldn’t have any luck at all”? “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” asks the question, what’s luck got to do with it?
This study of successful people who have overcome the disadvantages that life in our fast times can bring is a formula for turning bad into good that can be put into action immediately.
If you’re in the music or even new media – you should be reading this blog!
If anyone has any suggestions, comments or would like to have me weigh in on anything – please feel free to contact me!
Steve Moore, B.A. J.D. Author
A NEW SOUTH DEVELOPMENT COMPANY